No, I'm not talking about the condiment. This is my "free" day - no kids, no WGH, no time constraints because I don't do my part-time job on Fridays. And yet, I have so much to do that I don't know where to start. The Orkin guy is scheduled to come today, the house needs to be vacuumed, the dishwasher emptied and reloaded, the laundry folded and put away, beds made, and my lengthy to-do list needs to be tackled - interviews, reviews, and of course, the WIP. Not to mention I have oodles of reading to catch up on.
So what am I doing? Indulging myself a few minutes of utterly mindless entertainment with the MSN Game Zone. I'm addicted to a few of them - Cubis, Chuzzle, Bookworm. It's almost as detrimental to my productivity level to turn me loose in the Zone as it is dangerous to turn me loose in a bookstore with a credit card. But it helps me relax and focus at the same time.
So, when my mind is clear, I will do housework in between writing stints. We had a very productive BMWs meeting Wednesday night, and I have a pretty good idea now of where this thing is going. Only 10 pages to go, one more meeting, and the gang will have been through the entire first draft. Now I just have to finish the rewrite. ;)
Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be resuming my Lunch Room interviews. We have lots of great authors on tap, so stay tuned.
In the meantime, read a book!
Music of the Moment: Beethoven's Symphony No. 1. Lovely stuff. Just what I need to relax and focus. That and the Zone.
=) JB
9.08.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment