Talk about irony. How funny is it that yesterday I was talking about being a morning person, and today found me wide awake at two AM?
Sebastian, our 13-pound orange tabby, usually wakes me up in the middle of the night - three or four in the morning, that is. Normally I can escort him to the food tower, prove to him who doubts me that there actually is food in it, stumble back to bed and fall right back to sleep. I'm not sure whether it was he who awoke me at somewhere around twenty of two this morning, but he did accompany me to the kitchen and let me go back to bed without much protest. It was then that I realized that I was NOT going back to sleep. I lay there for about 15 minutes, finally got up and trudged upstairs to the study. It's fun to check email at two in the morning, especially when you're trying to TYPE SOFTLY so that The Boy is not disturbed (his bedroom and my study share a wall with a plenum so that sound travels between the two rooms).
After about an hour I crawled back downstairs and got back in the bed, and promptly fell back to sleep. Didn't even hear the WGH get up to go to work. Bliss.
Then the McCartney alarm went off.
This morning I'm working on "the scene", the one that needed some serious rewriting. The BMWs meet tonight, and we're getting close to the end of this draft with them. Progress! We'll have to see how I do today on 5-1/2 hours of sleep.
Music of the Moment: Beethoven, Symphony No. 2
And yes, I do have all nine of them on CD. Hours of inspiration!
Read a book. It's good for you.
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment