6.12.2006

Down Time

And I'm not talking about Blogger.

Every once in a while I need a little time off to recharge my batteries. Don't we all? So yesterday was that day for me.

Happy Birthday. Before I go any further I need to take a second to wish Nephew #2 a belated happy birthday. The young man I just watched graduate from high school, the one at whose birth I was actually present, turned 18 years old yesterday. What are those silly commercials about how fast life comes at you? They make you laugh (well, some of them make you laugh, others make you shake your head and ask, what were they thinking?), but the premise is frighteningly true. This child is no longer a child, just like mine are no longer children. They do grow up fast, and I thank God every day that I'm working from home now so I don't miss it.

Coincidentally, yesterday was also his stepmom's birthday. So, you two, good wishes from me, and your cards are on the way. ;)

After yesterday's down time, I'm charged up enough to do this last read-through and get this book to J.T. for the first set of edits. The other day I said this was the hard part. Well, it's also the fun part. Now I get to see whether this thing actually has flow and function.


The individual woman is required a thousand times a day to choose either to accept her appointed role and thereby rescue her good disposition out of the wreckage of her self-respect, or else follow an independent line of behavior and rescue her self-respect out of the wreckage of her good disposition.
-- Jeannette Rankin (1880-1973) first female US Representative

I like this quote because it makes me think of what I'm doing with this book. I'm out of my comfort zone, big time. Following that independent line of behavior. Because as I've said, this book is unlike anything I've ever written. I even made my mother promise me she'd never read it. J.T. and the rest of the BMWs have been a big help in leading me out onto this limb, and I know they're out here with me and won't let me fall off and break my neck.

Speaking of my triplet, fellow Blogspotter and my very own SinC-MidTN Vice President Lonnie Cruse has done a great interview with J.T. over at her Cruse'n With Lonnie blog. Check it out here!

Also, there's been an update on J.T.'s Missing cold case. The miracles of modern technology (specifically DNA evidence). We're all praying it will be the break the case needs.

Music of the Moment: Vivaldi, Spring, from The Four Seasons

In honor of my renewed energy.

Read a book! It's good for you.

=) JB

1 comment:

JT Ellison said...

Today is going to be my down day. I bought THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, and I'm going to log off this computer in a bit, reada chick-lit book (gasp), and recharge my own batteries. You just have to do it sometimes.
Because I want to do this great book you've written justice!