Actually, I'm just waiting for inspiration. The walk this morning helped a little. We're having some serious issues with the opening of the WIP. It has no oomph. Lots of stuff going on, but nothing exciting at all. No hook, line and sinker to reel in the reader. (The WGH and Little Bit are on a fishing trip, hence the foregoing analogy.)
I may have mentioned this before, but I have a plaque hanging on the bulletin board over my desk that reads, "A clean, uncluttered desk is the sign of a SICK MIND!" If this is true, then I am a normal and well-adjusted individual.
Hmmm, maybe that's my problem ...
I received this in an email from a friend today:
Entry in Weekly Schedule, New Zealand Symphony Orchestra:
Another Month Ends
* All Targets Met
* All Systems Working
* All Customers Satisfied
* All Staff Eager and Enthusiastic
* All Pigs Fed and Ready to Fly
Time to feed the pigs.
Music of the Moment: Stravinski, The Firebird Suite (1919): Infernal Dance of King Kastchei
Read a book! It's good for you.
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think what you need to do is treat yourself to a massage. I did that once when I needed to figure something out. It helped me take my mind off it, and then, at the end, the answer I needed came to me.
(Disclaimer...there were a couple other times I went in for a massage and the answer didn't come...but it's always nice to get pampered!)
Oooohhhhh, a massage sounds nice! Even if it doesn't get the creative juices flowing.
I'm giggling about the pigs flying. I'm starting to feel that way myself.
Brett's right -- a massage would be good. Or five minutes of total peace and quiet -- no stereo, no computer, no kids.
Hmm, no happy endings too, I hope.
Post a Comment