... for tomorrow I must clean!
My sweet friend Susan McBride, author of the Debutant Dropout mysteries, has a great post on The Lipstick Chronicles this morning. Magic, indeed. Something in which I believe firmly. I am also a member of the Fly-by-the-Seat-of-Your-Pants Club. Read her post. You'll get it.
Music of the Moment: Rossini's Overture, Barber of Seville
We found a CD called "The Cartoon Classics You Love" - remember this one? Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd chasing each other all over the stage in the hilarious "Bunny of Seville"? One of my favorites. Sigh.
Here's a bit more sage advice from one of my favorites (writers, not cartoons): Donna Andrews on Dialogue
I'm one of those writers who can work on a couple or three different things at once. Someone once asked me, "How do you do that?" It ain't easy, but it ain't too hard, neither. Ahem. No slams on my grammar, please. I was spoofing. I am probably one of the worst sticklers when it comes to grammar. I cringe at sentences that end with prepositions (yeah, sometimes I use them, but I try not to - and that's when the WMVR calls me "Madame Author" because my writing gets, well, stilted, as Donna says in her dialogue post).
So, off I trot to work on a few things - the WIP, mostly. Maybe a little bit on the short story I'm trying to write. (Just don't tell Del.) Oh, and perhaps a query letter or two. Still trying to find an agent.
Read a book (dang, I gotta do that, too!). It's good for you!
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's a beautiful thing for us fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants people to be validated!
Today, I must read. Tomorrow, I must write review.
I much prefer flying by the seat of my pants. You go farther...
;)
Post a Comment