Well, last week's vocabulary words are going to have to wait until this weekend - lucky you, you'll get a double dose of enlightenment from the vocabulary vault.
It was an exciting but busy weekend ... our Nashville Pipes & Drums band, of which the WGH and Little Bit are both a part now, won 1st place in their grade at the Gatlinburg Scottish Festival and Highland Games. My good friend the GP and her hubby were there in their clan booth, so I got to hang with them for the day while watching all kinds of interesting events - in addition to the band competitions, there were several 'field' events that these rather burly men were competing in, most of which I don't know the names of but were fun to watch. And then there was the caber toss (again - I believe I mentioned this in my post last October after the last Festival I went to), where they throw this thing that looks like a telephone pole and see how far they can get it. The catch is they have to make it flip over or the toss doesn't count. Can you imagine balancing a telephone pole vertically by one end and then pitching it upward so that it turns end over end? There was one guy - ONE - who was able to do it, and he did it three times. Impressive, to say the least.
So I'm sort of in a frenzied spin-down trying to get back to my routine. Lots of books to read, lots of reviews to write. And a manuscript to submit.
When my thoughts are a bit more organized, I'll be back with something eloquent and enlightening. We'll have our next special guest in the Lunch Room this week, if everything goes as planned, so drop by again soon.
And read a book!
=) JB
"The moving finger writes, and having written moves on. Nor all thy piety nor all thy wit, can cancel half a line of it."
-- Omar Khayyam (1048-1131) Persian writer, mathematician
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment