1.01.2007

2007

I am in that state of mind in which I rarely find myself, but when the occasion does arise it throws me for a loop. I'm at a loss for words.

When I think about all the things that happened in the year we've just closed, and then think ahead to what's in store for the year we've just opened, it boggles my mind and renders me speechless. Most of it has to do with the family, but some with my career. At the moment there are two major items which stand out:

(1) In 2006, my oldest daughter began her senior year of high school.

In 2007, she will graduate from high school and subsequently depart for college.

(2) In 2006, I started and/or finished three novels.

In 2007, I intend to use one of those novels to acquire an agent and, in turn, a book deal.

Not quite as earth-shattering as I make it sound on the front end, but still ... for me, these are major milestones.

We're settling into a quiet New Year's Day of food and football. Watched The Coach win his record-breaking game this morning. Ah, the memories ... but that goes further back (way further back) than 2006, so we'll save those for another time, another post.

Relax today. I'm reading the next book on the list, and have begun the quest for 2007's goal.

Happy New Year!

=) JB

No comments: