12.31.2006

Working on the NYR List

I've discovered I do really well with my New Year's Resolutions for about six months. Then I start losing the energy and enthusiasm I had for them at the beginning of the year.

One good thing I've managed to continue doing this year is keeping up with this blog. I've been a little lax in getting my interviews and reviews up, but I'm hoping once I get back into the swing of things after the holidays I'll be able to start doing those again. I have more Spinetingler profiles to do (eight, to be exact, but who's counting?), as well as some interviews here that I've promised a couple of terrific authors I'd do and haven't got around to.

Something else I plan to do is shoot for the one book a week goal again. I came short by only 17 books last year, so we'll see how 2007 goes. I still have a ceiling-high TBR pile that has a number of books I've been dying to read. With my obligations to Reviewing the Evidence, I have three left in that stack and have a couple more on the way, and then I can dive into the stacks that have been waiting for me for a year. Sigh.

My most important goal for the year is to find an agent and get a book deal. The synopsis is in a little better shape, it's being reviewed as we speak by my illustrious critique partner, and soon I'll have query letters chunking off the printer faster than you can say Jack Robinson. I can do this!

Over the next week I'm also going to take a few minutes each day to remember some of my fondest moments from 2006. All in all, it was a pretty good year, but I'm gearing up for 2007 to be even better.

Wishing all of you a healthy, happy and safe New Year,

=) JB

No comments: