12.15.2006

The Crazy Day

I have those every so often. Today will be one of them. To list all the things I have to do today would probably make YOU tired, so we'll just leave that alone for now.

I'm feeling better, although that pesky cough is still lingering. The Gatorade people are going to be sending me my stock certificate soon.

This afternoon if I have a little time (which if I plan it just right I should), I'm going to be working on the synopsis for the current book, which JT says is really a lot closer to being "good to go" than I think. It's hard for us to look at it objectively, seeing as how we're both so invested in it. In her words, "We're critique partners. It's what we do." I'm thinking I'm going to make the changes she suggested and then send it off to someone whose opinion I value and trust but who's never read the story, can read it cold and let me know what they think. Then we'll know for sure how "good to go" it really is.

Of course, I do have the built-in critic right here in my own house, the one who gave me the ultimatum. Maybe I'll see what she thinks, too.

Speaking of The Tall One, basketball season is in full swing, and I'm proud to say my child has really come into her own. Over the last 10 games, she's averaged 13 PPG, 18.25 over the last four with a career-high 22 last Friday night against one of our intracounty rivals. Yep, I'm a proud Mommy.

The Boy and Little Bit had their Christmas concerts last week and I was bursting with pride at both of them, too - The Boy did an impressive job with his improv solo on lead alto for Jazz Band, and Little Bit ran the gamut in her percussion section, playing parts on snare drum, bass drum, tympani and bells.

I want to get a tee-shirt that says, "I ain't braggin', I'm blessed!" I thank God every day for everything He's given me - my health, my hubby, my kids, my friends ... all of it is way beyond what I deserve.

Thanks for sharing a few minutes of your time with me. I'm pretty blessed in that regard, too, to have friends and "fans" who care enough to check in with me every so often. Now I'm off to resume the craziness that is my life.

Have a great day. Enjoy the sunshine, and read a book!

=) JB

No comments: