The kids are going back to school this morning after their two-week Christmas break. Had a lovely day with our little nephew yesterday. Spanish was spoken. Un poquito. Fortunately, to make up for my paltry skills en espaƱol, he does speak English quite well, although I'm pretty sure that sometimes he nodded in answer to a question just because he thought he should. Every once in a while, once the translation caught up to his quick mind, he'd re-think his response. He's very cute, and we were very glad to have the opportunity to see him again. And yes, my mother was here, so pictures were taken.
I have a long list of things I shall strive to accomplish today, not the least of which is to finish the final edits on the new book. Drafted the query letter yesterday, so it's ready for the tough scrutiny of my critique partner. The synopsis gets tweaked a little every day - but not too much - so it's about ready, too.
Two more books arrived yesterday to add to the RTE stack. Getting books in the mail are the only "surprises" I can handle - all other such vermin are evil and must be destroyed! Ahem. Sorry, lost my composure there for a minute.
So today I'm trying to get myself back into the daily routine I had worked so hard to establish before this stretch of utter laziness we called Christmas break. The cup of coffee is ready to be poured, the blog post is written, and my writing career awaits.
Read a book. It's good for you!=) JB

No comments:
Post a Comment