We're five days into the new year and five days from my deadline, which means, if my math skills serve me well, that I'm at the halfway point and should have at least half of my work done.
I'm actually more like 6/7 of the way there. The edits are done, the query letter is drafted, and the synopsis just needs a little tweaking.
I worked a little bit on the short story today, too, and have just informed JT that I want to have it ready to submit by the 15th. Tomorrow is actually going to be a better day for writing work. The folks and I had a lovely day in town - shopping, as you know, is not my favorite thing to do, but take me to a bookstore and lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and I'll put up with whatever else you want to drag me to do. At least for a while. But now I'm in desperate need of a cat nap and we still have to take the Christmas decorations down. That might have to be my project for first thing in the morning. We'll see how I feel once I make it back downstairs.
The Tall One has her first post-holiday basketball game tonight, so we'll see how the two days of run-till-your-legs-fall-off practices the girls had this week help their game. Go team.
Tomorrow I'll try to muster up something profound and eloquent. For now, it's time to read. Or sleep.
Do something good for you!
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment