10.05.2006

Don'tcha hate it when that happens?

Last night as I was crawling into bed I had a great idea for today's blog. I made the mistake of not writing it down. And of course, by the time I got up this morning, it was gone.

Last night's BMWs meeting was one of the most constructive and productive for me. My fellow Beemers lavished me with praise on my progress as a writer overall, and specifically on certain aspects of the current WIP. They also helped me work out some of the major issues I've been having with the plot and focus of the book, and I'm psyched up again, knowing it's going to make it that much better. Thanks, ladies. I couldn't do this without you.

We're into Day Four of the work week and I've been able to cross a few things off my to-do list. One of the three Spinetingler profiles is done and emailed off to Sister Sandra, and another is in the works, with the list of questions for the next victim ... er, subject ... sent off this morning. The SinC chapter newsletter is almost finished, just needs a few last-minute touches. (The meeting's Tuesday. I'm a little behind.)

I really wish I could remember what it was I thought of last night. I figure it will hit me eventually - probably at the exact moment I don't have access to either a pen or something to write on, and it will be lost yet again. Sigh. Maybe I should invest in a bottle of ginkgo biloba tablets. Wonder if that's what that lady was taking that she couldn't remember the name of?

Music of the Moment: J.S. Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 5

There are selections from 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on my two-disc set. So, what happened to No. 1?

Read a book. It's good for you. I'm going to go play writer for a while.

=) JB

No comments: