Proud Mom Moment. Attesting to the fact that I am a terrible mother, The Boy graduated from high school 3 weeks ago today. Salutatorian of his class. And did I say a thing about it here? No.
His speech - the program's 'closing remarks' - was brilliant. It lasted all of 3 minutes and included some words that my college English professor would've been proud of. Half the audience was left with their mouths hanging open, scratching their heads. I loved it.
Sigh. That's our son. Child #2, getting ready for the next phase of his life beginning in the fall - college. He and the WGH went this past week to the orientation and registration program at his college, and came home with a definitive major on the record. We knew he was going Pre-Med (as of this week, he wants to be an anesthesiologist), but he wasn't sure which field he was going to study. Now we know (drum roll, please): Chemical Engineering with a Biomolecular Concentration.
That's a lot of ... well, see the title of this post. You get the idea. Now, I am not a science person. We have an understanding at our house - I am English and History, the WGH is Science and Math. And never the twain shall meet, except in our children, who have a smattering of all those elements in their systems, and do quite well with them, thank you very much. Hence the contents of the commencement speech and the intended major. One of my own high school classmates said something to the effect of the apple not falling far from the tree, but I think the apple, in this case, might just be a bit smarter than the tree from whence it fell.
Various and Sundry. I'm trolling a bit today, here and elsewhere, and found this, definitive proof that the Wonder Twin and I are ... um, twins.
Music! In keeping with the theme of Sister's post from last week (see link above - are you not paying attention?), the CD player is cranking once again. For me, as you are (nauseously) aware, it's anything and everything Harry Potter. Think I'll pop in the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack and see where it takes me. I've been writing new scenes for the manuscript, and have been taking advantage of my collection to proffer my muse a bit of inspiration. So far it's working quite well.
I also found an old post of mine where I swore upon all that was holy that I would never give up my Fridays off. Well, I have. In exchange for my Mondays. The good news is I have officially gone back to part-time (I may have mentioned this already), and now have much more freedom to work on the things that I truly need to be working on.
All in the name, of course, of my regenerated writing career.
Do wish me luck, won't you?
And read a book. It's good for you.
=) JB
Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
-- Robert Fripp, English guitarist, composer and record producer (1946 - )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment