6.04.2008

Scrambling

Some days I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going. This is one of those days. As I mentioned Sunday, BMWs meet tonight and the BF is coming for a visit tomorrow, and at this point I'm not ready for either. The house is a wreck, I don't have pages printed for group, and I need to get this month's newsletter put together and distributed sometime in the next few days (the next meeting is Tuesday). I'm officially crazy again, so I have to keep reminding myself of the doctor's orders: "One thing at a time!"

Sigh. Life is good.

Yes, mine is a hectic life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, really. I love doing what I'm doing, and the way I see it things can only get better from here on out. (I've been to the dark side, a couple of different times, and I'm not too keen on the idea of going back there. Although, now that I think about it, doesn't that kind of stuff make for good book material? Out of hardships and struggles, pain and angst, comes creativity? Mmmm ... meh-be.)

JT and I are meeting up for dinner before group tonight - haven't seen her in a month of Sundays, it feels like. She's finally cashing in on her birthday dinner raincheck from about 6 weeks ago. Poor baby's been running hither and yon about the country (the proverbial headless chicken, but having a total blast doing it) and finally gets the chance to settle down and work on Taylor Jackson #4, woot. Her website has more info on what she's up to if you're interested.

We're still basking in the afterburn of the award nominations from over the weekend - totally stoked little fan girl here - so not much else on my mind at the moment (except for the aforementioned scheduled activities). Still reading Tim Hallinan's The Fourth Watcher in anticipation of his Lunch Room visit and just found out he's going to be our Sisters in Crime chapter guest in September - so I get a double dose of him, yay for me!

So I'm off to do lots of things ... one thing at a time.

Read a book. It's good for you.

=) JB

"Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral."
-- Rosalind Russell (1908-1976) U.S. actor

No comments: