Sean Chercover and Marcus Sakey, two of my pals from the Killer Year bunch, are both up for Best First Novel for the Barry Awards and the Anthonys ... I know they both have a bunch of other award nominations for BIG CITY, BAD BLOOD (Sean) and THE BLADE ITSELF (Marcus), but these are the most recent in what I'm sure is going to be a long list.
Jason Pinter and Literary Triplet brother Brett Battles, two more of the Killer Year crew, are both nominated on the Barrys list - Jason for Best Paperback Original for THE MARK and Brett for Best Thriller for THE CLEANER. Way to go, guys!
My sweet and dear pal Robert Fate's BABY SHARK'S BEAUMONT BLUES, second in the series, is up for an Anthony for Best Paperback Original. As they say in Oklahoma, yee-haw!
And finally, last but by no stretch of the imagination least, my Wonder Twin and her esteemed colleagues over at Murderati are up for an Anthony for Best Web Site! Woooooot, said I!
So here we are, doing happy dances all over the study, rejoicing in the well deserved success of my friends. There but for the grace of a pen go I - and someday, perhaps, I shall. For now, let's join together in raising the Lunch Room roof with a great big ol' ...
Congratulations!!
=) JB
3 comments:
J.B.,
We're pretty tickled over here at Murderati!
The entire list is so impressive this year, it's such an honor to be included on it.
Thanks to you -- and your wonder twin . . .
Pari
Thanks for the congrats, JB! I appreciate it.
Pari, I'm tickled on your behalf - what a great honor, and you're definitely in good company.
Sean, you are more than welcome - it's well deserved. Thanks for dropping by!
Post a Comment