There are a lot of items on the list. I made myself clean off the dry-erase boards that were full of all the tasks I knew I would never accomplish, and I filled them again with those I knew I would. On the main board, I listed the books in the stack for RTE, and I'm marking them off as I go. On the calendar board I listed my priorities in order. My top priority is the promised edits on my client's novella. After that, book reviews (at least two done and sent off to Shaz before the weekend). I need to write a 500- to 750-word synopsis of the latest manuscript so that next week I can start submitting again. The last but certainly not least item on the list is one simple word - READ. That's not so much the last priority as it is an ongoing to-do item.
This quote came in my ezine glut today and it really hit home for me:
"I am only one, But still I am one.
I cannot do everything, But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse
to do the something that I can do."
-- Edward Everett (1794-1865) American educator
For me, I have to remind myself that it's just one something at a time.
Enjoy your Friday, and don't forget - read a book!
=) JB

No comments:
Post a Comment