Okay, probably I shouldn't say that. Especially in the context that I'm referring to my very own offspring.
Yes. It's here.
The Boy passed his road test yesterday. He now has his driver's license. Life as we know it will never be the same again.
Oy.
The Tall One was a very gracious big sister today - she let The Boy drive her car to Subway to pick up lunch. Said he did fine. Better than she expected, even. We're not quite ready for him to fly solo just yet. But, the WGH must be the most unselfish father on the planet - for Father's Day, he bought his son a car. One of those cheap-o, previously owned (by one of his assistant managers) jobs that requires no collision insurance. What a certain car dealer we know from Sunday school calls a "bumper car". Actually, it's kind of cute. Just don't tell The Boy I said that.
I stayed up way too late last night (and the night before, come to think of it). Trying to cram 24 hours' worth of stuff I needed to do into a 16-hour day. Again, this is why I quit my full-time job.
I love being a writer. What I don't love is trying to juggle everything into a time frame that's turning out to be a bit unrealistic. Thank God I have an understanding, patient and encouraging critique partner. Among other things.
The really good news is that I have managed to bump the word count a bit, fleshing things out, and have a really good start on filling in some plot holes that need to be taken care of before JT gets hold of this thing. It's coming along, coming along ...
Finished reading Big Brother Brett's THE CLEANER the other night (now on sale at a bookstore near you!) and loved it just as much this time as I did when I read the sneak preview several months back. I even got a mention in the acknowledgements - how cool is that? I have to write a review on it for RTE, which may or may not constitute a conflict of interest, but the mitigating factor here is that when I read it this time, I concentrated on it with my critical eye - looking at not just the story but at how it was written. For now, that's all I'm going to say. You'll see the review when it goes up.
Tomorrow is my last day of having to work around an eight-hour day. Hah! Never again, she says smugly. Never again.
Read a book. It's good for you.
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment