6.25.2007

The First Mile

A novel is balanced between a few true impressions and the multitude of false ones that make up most of what we call life.
- Saul Bellow, Canadian writer (1915-2005)

The Flora and Fauna. This morning I resumed my walking regimen. Well, half of it, anyway. While we were on vacation last week, we spent a good deal of time walking around the various places we visited, and I thought, okay, if I can handle this, I can handle the 2-1/2 mile jaunt around our neighborhood. I made it once around the circle this morning before my whole body went into rebellious mode and said, that's it, I'm done! So, I'm pacing myself. Once around every day this week, then next week I'll resume the twice-around.

Thoughts. One nice thing about getting back into my routine is that the sights and sounds of a "country" morning like we have where we live are conducive to stimulating thought processes. I settled in with the manuscript and made some decent progress in adding words to the total count. Plot holes are starting to fill in. Things are beginning to make sense. The deadline is looming, so I'm devoting as much time as possible to writing.

The To-Do List. Of course, I have about a bazillion other things that need my attention, so I've resumed the practice of making up a to-do list. This week's is a full page.

For those of you who have missed me, I appreciate your checking in. One of the things on the list is to make it in to the Lunch Room every day.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, read a book. I managed to get three of them done last week and am almost finished with the fourth. Catching up is so much fun.

Until tomorrow.

=) JB

No comments: