4.09.2006

My Weekends Were Made for Other Things

A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors. -- Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867) French poet and critic


Sometimes I lose focus a little more on the weekends. That's natural, I suppose. I spend most of my time alone during the week while the WGH is at work and the kids are in school, and then we have all kinds of activity on the weekends demanding my attention: basketball, volleyball, soccer, grocery shopping, etc., so my focus gets shifted from writing to ... well, life. Mind you, it's a life I wouldn't trade for anything.

Tomorrow I have to put on my editor's hat and get the April edition of our Sisters in Crime chapter newsletter put together. In addition to being the President, I am also the editor of The Crime Scene and the webmaven for our chapter site. Does it seem like I have a lot to do? It might, to someone on the outside. And I will admit there are times when I feel a little overwhelmed, but most of the time I think I have it pretty easy.

Tonight I finish week #14's book.

You should read one, too. It's good for you.

=) JB

No comments: