3.15.2006

The World According to J.B.

I've been pondering the question: to blog or not to blog?

Lots of my friends/fellow authors blog. Publishers blog. Agents blog. (Even my nephew blogs - he's 22 and lives in Hawaii. Yeah, poor kid.) So I thought, why not me? We'll see how it goes. I'm new at this.

So, what you'll get are the random musings of a writer who is struggling to make the whole "I-quit-my-job-to-pursue-my-writing-career" thing take off. And no, that wasn't the only reason I quit, but it was a big part of it. As I told my boss, I'm too young, too smart and too talented to be this stressed out. Hey, I can whine with the best of them, but really, the job was killer, and not in a good way.

A little about me: I have two books "out there" (see my website) and am in the process of searching for an agent (and thereafter a new publisher) for the third book in the series. I've written another novel (not in the series) that I'm in the process of polishing. I'm currently writing a standalone novel that my writers' group has dubbed "chick noir". I also did the NaNoWriMo thing (see their website) and have an incomplete draft of a book that will be the fourth in the series. Plus I've started yet another book that might someday turn into a series of its own - chick litty kind of stuff. Yeah, I know - I write a lot. But that's okay, because that's what I do (in my spare time). And yeah, I can start things but have a hard time finishing them. We're working on that.

The "soccer Mom" thing: Three kids (16-1/2, 15 and almost 12). 'Nuff said.

Today's activities will consist of dog training (obedience classes at the local PetSmart) and writing. The kids are on Spring Break. I've discovered that the amount of work I get done on any given day is indirectly proportional to the number of people who are in my house at the time. You guessed it. More people = less work. But that's okay, too.

So, here's my first foray into the blogging world. When I get my act together, you'll know.

Read a book. It's good for you.

=) JB


No comments: