3.19.2006

Church

I have discovered that I know more than I thought I did. About a lot of things. My best fellow writer friend, who has just returned from vacation, is helping me to not panic about my latest book. I'm thinking major rewrite, she's saying minor fixes. I feel better already.

A few weeks ago in Sunday School, our teacher was having me write some things on the dry-erase board (title of the lesson, Scripture references, etc. - that's my job in our class), and the title of the lesson was "The Fellowship of the Mat." I said, "As in the one they lowered through the roof?" The teacher smiled. "Exactly." I sometimes think I don't know a lot about what's in the Bible - sometimes I retain information I've read and sometimes I don't hang onto it very well. But I was kinda glad that story stuck with me. (If you don't know it, look it up - Mark 2:1-12). It's about friends stepping up and helping each other in tough situations against tough odds. I'm applying it to my writing - my friend and I help each other get through our tough patches, like writer's block, where am I going with this plot. My POV issues.

It's Sunday morning, so we're off to church. The WGH plays in our church orchestra. He's a multitalented individual.

Tomorrow: As promised, Creme Puffs v. Carrot Cake.

Read a book. It's good for you.

=) JB

No comments: