10.24.2007

Wonder Twin's Big Day

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!!!


It's here, it's here, it's here!!

You know, I remember a lot about the progress of this book - it all started with JT's phone call to me the day she "got the deal". As I recall, the conversation went something like this:

"It's me. I have some news."
"You're pregnant?"
[She laughs.] "No."
"You got a deal?!?"
"I got a deal."

It was a great day. And I know that for her, the last 18 months have been an incredible journey.

From my perspective, it's been a kick to watch her succeed like she has. And I'd like to think I contributed a tiny bit to that success, being the behind-the-scenes encouragement and on occasion the voice of reason and calm (yeah, I know what you're thinking - who, me??). To be fair, I'm not the only one who's done that for her, of course - she has lots of folks on her side and in the background, standing beside and behind her. I'm one of many. But still, I'm not sure anyone else can claim the title of Wonder Twin, so I get to bask in that glory just a little.

For her part, JT has done exactly the same for me (as have a lot of other folks, who are always on my acknowledgements page). And one of these days, Alice, I'll be where she is.

For the moment, however, this is her day ... the official release of ALL THE PRETTY GIRLS. So what are you waiting for? I'm always telling you to read a book, aren't I? Well, go get it!

And enjoy. It's a great read.

=) JB

1 comment:

JT Ellison said...

Thanks, sis!!! It's a great feeling, and I can't wait for you to be right here with me.
Amo!