Happy Birthday, USA.
The brain is not quite geared up for the typical musings today, so I'm just going to share some tidbits and trivial things I've found scattered hither and yon. I mentioned the other day that I'm not big on fireworks, so we're not planning anything special except our steak dinner (yummy) and finding some celebrations to watch on TV. That, and I have to work, anyway. Today's really just another Wednesday for me - with respect to the job, that is.
The flag's waving.
Enjoy your holiday.
Today's Word: "coterminous"
coterminous \koh-TUR-muh-nuhs\ (adjective) - 1 : Having the same or coincident boundaries. 2 : Having the same scope, range of meaning, duration.
[source: ArcaMax Vocabulary, 07.04.07]
Trivia Question: What is a vexillologist an expert on?
A: Flags
B: War history
C: Historical clothing
D: Weaponry
[source: ArcaMax Trivia Quizzes - answer below]
Quotable Quotes: "Talent works, genius creates." -- Robert Schumann, German composer (1810-1856)
Answer to Oscar Trivia Question from 6/30-7/2: Tom Hanks [Philadelphia (1993); Forrest Gump (1994)]
'Nuff for now. Go watch some fireworks, and have a great holiday!
=) JB
Today's Trivia Answer: A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
JB,
I saw the answer to the Oscar trivia, and I realized you were right, but I thought Spencer Tracy did the back to back thing in the 30's. I'll check on it later, but that's what I thought the answer was.
SJ
Um, you forgot "thither" between hither and yon. Snicker.
Post a Comment