7.21.2007

What a week, what a weekend ...

An apple a day ... Saw the doctor on Monday, who tells me my thyroid levels are "perfect" (good news) but that I have a possible GI problem (not good news). I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice to say the test went very well yesterday and it turns out it's a simple, very fixable issue. I tell you, I think my body decided to fall apart the minute I turned 40.

The draft ... BMWs loved the new material I brought Wednesday night, and over the past several days I've been working really hard on the manuscript. It's not about word count any more, it's about getting the story in its absolute best form. I decided (with a little input from The Tall One, who absconded with the thing as soon as she realized what it was) that there are a few key points to the story that need a little tweaking. So I've been writing and rewriting furiously for the past three days and hope to have it ready to send off to JT and the WMVR in the next little while.

It's finally here ... My weekend started at a little before seven this morning when Sir Barksalot (who is now moved back into the house nights because it's getting darn hot in the South) decided he'd had enough of the sleeping in thing. I am working on the manuscript until such time that the UPS truck pulls into my driveway with my very own personal copy of - you guessed it - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. No spoilers allowed. The world will cease to exist for me until I've read the book from cover to cover, and woe to he who attempts to interrupt me or deter me from my quest. Hee.

Oh, and my soundtrack for Prisoner of Azkaban arrived yesterday, so I'm in serious Happy Land - even without the Versed.

So much to do, so little time ...

Read a book (perhaps the seventh and final installment in one of the most brilliantly written series of all time?). It's good for you.

=) JB

1 comment:

Lonnie Cruse said...

J.B.
So glad your health issues are fixable. You take care of yourself, my friend! Glad to hear your critique group likes what you're writing. Wishing you best of good luck with it.

Hugs, Lonnie