Still here. Coming out of the funk, slowly but surely, and writing again. The WMVR said the other day, "It's time for you to start being J.B. again."
Yeah, I know. And I am. Sort of.
The thing we thought might happen last weekend didn't exactly - here's the story: The Tall One had an "official visit" with the women's basketball program at her university of choice. They're still interested in her and wanted to go ahead and get her on campus for a tour and talk, but at the moment they're still in limbo about offering her a scholarship. There are other factors involved, so we're playing a bit of a waiting game. We should hear something in the next couple of weeks, one way or the other. What it comes down to is she's either going to be playing college basketball or she isn't. If she does, she'll go to one school, if she doesn't, she'll be at another. I think she'd be happy either way, although there are probably more people who won't be. I'm not worried, really - just figure whatever God wants her to be doing, He'll make the choice clear. That's my prayer, anyway.
So, I'm working on the WIP, as well as a couple of interviews and an article I've been asked to do for the Killer Year folks. Keeping busy, doing what I do best.
I've also finished another couple of books from the TBR pile, part of which the littlest cat knocked off the bookshelf and down into my window well yesterday. The Boy and I were the only ones home at the time, and you can imagine how the noise startled both of us. I didn't know what had happened until I walked into my study and saw a fuzzy gray tail sticking out from behind a stack of books on top of the bookcase. Hmmmm ... I seem to recall that one of the boys did that very same thing a while back. Guess I need to keep them separated so they don't compare notes. Hey, look, you can jump up here and scare the pee-willies out of Mommy ...
I've been messing around with my ailing website this morning (switched servers recently and am having to rebuild everything from the ground up - what a project this is turning out to be), so now I'm going to dive back into the WIP and try to get some new material written. I think I've caught up with myself again. Wait ... what? Oh, never mind.
Read a book. It's good for you.
=) JB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment