3.15.2007

One Year

I told you today was going to be special?

The difference a year makes. For starters, today marks my one-year anniversary as a card-carrying member of this tiny-enormous universe we affectionately call the blogosphere. I was going to get all sentimental and read through all of the last 228 posts I've done, see where I've been and how far I've come and all that rot, but pfft ... there's just too much going on today to take time to do that. Suffice to say a lot ... okay, A LOT ... has happened in the past year. And I appreciate very much those of you who have been around to share it with me.

'Nuff said about that.

March Madness. Do you have your brackets printed and filled in? Huh? Do ya?

In case you haven't figured it out by now, we are basketball fans. (No, really? I wouldn't have guessed.) And the tournament starts today. I get all wiggly inside just thinking about it. Fortunately, our alma mater doesn't play until 8:45 (Central time) tonight. Unfortunately, they're not showing that game in our area. What? You're putting the Kentucky game on instead?? Hello? That's just wrong.

The interview. The interviewer (i.e., me) has become the interviewee. Yikes! I got a call yesterday from one of the reporters from our local newspaper, wanting to do a piece on me. As a writer. How cool is that? My first REAL interview. Apparently I now qualify as more than just The Tall One's Mom.

So, it's now 11:25, the Maryland game is about to tip off, and the reporter and I spent a lovely hour and a half talking. He took pictures and everything. If the thing goes on the paper's website I'll put up a link.

So I'm just a little giddy today, and nothing I've written probably makes much sense, but I'm glad you're here to celebrate this day with me. Now, go read a book and have a frabjous day ...

=) JB

No comments: