8.31.2006

Progress Report #2

A good story cannot be devised; it has to be distilled.
-- Raymond Chandler (1888-1959) US writer

I'm distilling. Yesterday I finished reading Sandra's book (oh, yeah, it's good) and wrote her a blurb. What's really cool? This was my very first blurb. Yes, I've done a few reviews, of both books and movies, but I've never been asked to blurb someone's book and then have it printed somewhere for the world to see. I always thought that would be the first milestone of my success - not just having the books in print, but being deemed worthy to blurb someone. Sigh. I've made it. I can move on to the next step now.

So, the next step is to get another book in print, right? Right. JT took a few minutes out of her vacation to stop by and give me a virtual kick, so this morning I'm diving back in. Gotta be ready for next week and the BMWs. Also gotta get this manuscript in some semblance of order so that I can move on to the synopsis, make sure everything jives, have JT comb through it and then send it on to one of my independent readers. Whew, I've got a long to-do list for this book, don't I? So what am I doing here??

Music to Write By: The CD player is cranked up, and I'm ready to go. Now playing - Wagner (that's pronounced VAHG-ner, by the way), Die Walkure: Ride of the Valkyries. Now that's what I call jump-starting your engine.

I'm going to go write a book now. You go read one. It's good for you.

=) JB

No comments: